I'm actually a little disappointed to say that I wasn't aware of this site until just last week. As part of the community involvement portion of the Historic Gateway Master Plan project, the consultant, DPZ, and the city have set up an Idea Collaboration website at www.roswellgateway.com. Users can submit their ideas, comment on others and second ones that they like. This allows great ideas to bubble up to the top giving DPZ and the city a better idea of what the citizens are looking for beyond what they heard during workshops. It also allows anyone whose schedule does not permit the ability to submit their feedback for the record.
Please check out the site and add your input. Here are some of the ideas I've submitted so far:
- Grocery Store in the Historic District
- Allow Exclusive Weddings and Events at Barrington and Bulloch
- Canopy Tour Through the National Forest
- Build Whitewater Kayak and Outdoor Lifestyle Center
- Target the Outdoor Sporting and Lifestyle Market
- Allow Some of All Housing Types
Check them out and second them if you like them or add some commentary to improve them. Let's make our historic district a place for people and not cars!